These tools provide an incredibly valuable service for virtually every type of business. What started off as a simple concept (back in the Webcrawler days) has now turned into a multi-faceted marketing necessity.
Social media, in particular, has become a marketing giant and has changed the way we see digital marketing.
Without a doubt, there will be many more changes and new digital marketing strategies still to come. So, to be competitive and stay in the loop in terms of new and emerging trends, you need to stay on top of things and research frequently.
1. Search Engine Land – A leading daily publication that covers all aspects of the search engine marketing industry. This publication organizes and hosts the Search Marketing Expo (SMX) conference every year. It’s considered the industry’s “go-to news source” for both breaking headlines and comprehensive marketing analysis.
2. Search Engine Journal – A diverse and reliable source of Internet marketing. SEJ takes a community-based approach to search marketing content. Virtually all of its contributed articles come from real online marketing experts, whether they’re independent or in-house.
3. Google Adwords Blog – The most definitive place to get officially sanctioned news about new AdWords features. The AdWords blog is the news source for PPC marketers who need to know what’s going on as it happens.
4. Moz – Creates top-tier content about SEO, and wider digital marketing trends. It’s one of the digital marketing industry’s best-known companies. There’s always something worth reading here.
5. Media Post – One of the most comprehensive online advertising, digital marketing and media news sources out there. They are an integrated publishing and content company that provides a complete array of resources for media, marketing and advertising professionals.