SEO techniques that worked several years ago may not play much of a role today. And, with new technology becoming popular, such as virtual assistants, Google’s search algorithms will surely continue to change.
Perhaps one of the biggest changes over the last couple of years is the massive increase in the use of mobile devices. Today, there are more people accessing the Internet with mobile devices than with a desktop PC. As a result, Google has changed their ranking signals, giving more weight to websites that are mobile-friendly, and this is just the beginning.
It’s all about achieving an optimal user experience. Slow websites are frustrating because nobody likes to wait. Reading a poorly-written article that lacks any legitimate message is annoying. And websites that are not mobile-friendly are difficult to view on a mobile device. These are the types of things that Google tries to remedy with new algorithms.
1. Build a strong presence on Social Media. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, make your posts interesting and fun, and don’t just jibber-jabber. Post frequently, but don’t overdo it to the point where it becomes annoying to your friends and followers.
2. Be mobile-friendly. Mobility is king today, so make sure your website or blog is mobile-friendly. There’s nothing more annoying than trying to view a website on your phone, and it doesn’t fit on your screen.
3. Turbocharge your website. Google doesn’t like slow websites and neither do users. Make sure your site loads fast. If it’s slow and lags, consider optimizing your images or changing servers.
4. Build quality links. Link building is not what it used to be. The question is no longer how many links you have – it’s how good (in quality) are those links? Also, don’t just exchange with anyone. Ensure that it’s relevant to your website and its contents.
5. Switch your website from HTTP: to HTTPS: Google favours websites that use SSL, so secure sites are definitely the way to go. Once again, this is all done in the name of user experience. Secure sites have extra layers of security, preventing hackers from doing what they do, and obviously that benefits users.
For more interesting SEO tips and how to optimize a mobile-friendly website, visit: https://www.thebestmedia.com/blog/seo-tips-for-your-mobile-friendly-website/