Do you want to make your tweets stand out? Are you tweeting daily, but noticing minimal results with no retweets?
There are 255 million active Twitter users generating more than 500 million tweets per day. Having said that, you want to make your tweets stand out and catch your audience’s attention in the first few words, or they’ll move on to the next tweet that sounds more appealing than yours.
Here are some helpful tips on how to optimize your tweets and increase your Twitter followers:
1. Tweet interesting and funny content along with the business content. Be professional when writing tweets without being overly formal.
2. Talk with them, not at them. Be responsive on Twitter, not a robot. If someone asks a question or comments on your tweets, make sure to reply back.
3. Use action words. Tweets that contain more adverbs and verbs have a higher click-through rate than tweets with more nouns and adjectives.
4. Capitalize each word in your headline. People prefer title case (or sentence case) when reading titles. Basically, the first letter of every word in the headline should be capitalized, as opposed to lowercase or all caps.
5. Don’t over-hashtag and avoid using @ mentions whenever possible.
6. Include your URL in your Twitter bio, not just the URL field, to optimize for mobile users.
And lastly, don’t be shy to ask your followers to retweet. Tweets that specifically ask followers to “retweet” receive 12X higher retweet rates than those that do not. When retweet is spelled out, the retweet rate is 23X higher than the average. When using the shortened version (the letters “RT”) instead, the retweet rate is 10X higher.
You can find more helpful tips on better tweeting here: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/228198