To a lot of us, YouTube is a place where we can watch music videos, view some how-to tips for that new project, or just watch something funny to make us laugh. But there’s so much more to this picture.
It’s a gigantic sea of entertainment and information, run by businesses, kids, and Internet weirdos who can do some pretty cool stuff. Business owners have come to quickly realize the massive influence and capabilities that YouTube has gained over the past few years. If you haven’t used YouTube to promote your business, you need to get on that ASAP.
– The total number of YouTube users is 1,300,000,000.
– Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
– YouTube reaches more 18-49-year-olds than any cable network.
– More video content is uploaded to YouTube in a 60-day period than three major U.S. television networks created in 60 years.
– 819,417,600 hours of video has been added in the 10 years YouTube has been around.
– Approximately 300 hours of video is added to YouTube every minute.
– The world’s highest paid YouTube stars earned a combined total of $54.5 million in 2015.
– YouTubers watch 46,000 years worth of content annually.
– Half of all YouTube views are from mobile devices (using a smartphone or tablet).
Ever wonder when the very first video on YouTube was launched? It was on Saturday, April 23rd, 2005 at 8:27 PM, where one of the co-founders Jawed Karim posted the video of his visit to the San Diego Zoo. Karim talked about elephant’s trunks in this video titled “Me at the Zoo”.
For more interesting YouTube Facts, check out https://www.factslides.com/s-YouTube