Video marketing is one of the newest additions to the online marketing tool belt
It’s one of the most versatile and profitable digital marketing tools out there. There is no denying that we as humans are visual learners. Therefore, every business should be using video marketing in their marketing plan, and here’s why it’s so important
Adding a product video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer video about a product subsequently bought it. YouTube says people around the world are now consuming a billion hours of video content per day on the site. The Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast for 2015 to 2020 predicts more than one billion new Internet users will join the global Internet community, growing from three billion in 2015 to an estimated 4.1 billion by 2020. Video will account for 79% of global Internet traffic by 2020, up from 63% in 2015.
In addition to these remarkable statistics, the use of video also contributes to your overall search engine optimization efforts to help boost your website ranking in the search engines. Video allows visitors to spend more time on your site. This longer exposure builds trust with the search engines because they see this as a website with good content. And, since Google now owns YouTube, there has been a significant increase in how much videos affect your search engine rank. Another interesting fact: you’re 53 times more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website, according to Moovly.com.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when creating videos:
– One-fifth of your viewers will click away from a video within 10 seconds or less, so make those first few seconds count. Boring videos will not do much. Be creative, be funny, and take some risks.
– Descriptions and keywords are extremely important when it comes to video. Make sure that your videos are tagged with relevant keywords and explained with descriptions and unique headings. Descriptions allow Google’s search spiders to make sense of your video and understand what the content entails.
– Consider animated videos. They are a great way to bring concepts to life in a way that no text or live video can. They are generally simple to create, and entertaining to watch.
The most effective types of videos used in business are:
– Business overview videos
– Product videos
– Call-to-action videos
– How-to videos
– Testimonial videos
Businesses that have product videos – particularly on their promotional landing pages – see a dramatic increase in conversion. Not to mention the fact that video is 50x more likely to get organic page rankings on Google compared to plain results.
Of course, quality is important. You don’t want to just throw something together in a few hours. Although video is preferred over text or photos, a poorly made video will not do much for you, and users will just stop watching it halfway through.
For great examples of well-made marketing videos, visit: http://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/5-powerful-new-ways-to-make-video-attract-customers.html
When creating videos, avoid these common mistakes:
- Poor audio quality: Trying to struggle to make out what is being said is not a pleasurable experience. Make sure your voice is clear, with no background noise or interruptions.
- Lack of clarity: Stay focused on what your intention is, and what message you’re trying to send to your viewers.
- Information overload: Don’t try to get everything into just one video. If there’s a lot to say, create several videos. Take your time and do it right the first time.
- Having no call to action: You want to initiate a response or reaction from your viewer. ‘Visit our website’, ‘Call us for a free sample’ or ‘Leave us your comments’ are examples of how to initiate user interaction.
Looking to add videos to your next marketing campaign? Check out our Video Production Services, here: https://thebestmedia.com/video-marketing/