WordPress is considered a very SEO-friendly content management system.
Luckily, it has now become even friendlier and more effective with the help of the Yoast SEO plugin.
This powerful tool is the most comprehensive SEO-related WordPress plugin available today that helps to boost results. It’s a free plugin (with an optional paid upgrade) and it can be installed on any self-hosted WordPress site.
Here are some more details on what the Yoast SEO plugin can do for you:
– Sets your targeted keywords and tracks how often they are being used on your site
– Lets you easily control titles and meta descriptions
– Provides a Google search result snippet “preview” of your meta data information as it will be seen by others in a Google search result
– Manages site maps
– Can do URL redirects
– Automatically notifies search engines once content is published
– Allows you to add a custom RSS footer for posts
– Offers integration options for major social sites like Facebook and Twitter
– Has the ability to get you verified Google authorship for your site
– Has breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles
For more on WordPress and Search Engine Optimization, click here.