WHY ARE THE VISUALS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR BRAND SO CRUCIAL TO YOUR MARKETING EFFORTS?
Your business needs an appealing, noticeable logo and accompanying visual components to capture the minds of potential customers and establish trust for your brand. Many companies spend millions on their logo design, and that’s because they know that imprinting an image on the minds of consumers is key for building brand identity. Logos and other graphic design aspects of your marketing are a visual representation of your brand, and they can say a lot to consumers, both on a conscious and subconscious level.
Well-designed logos are synonymous with the brands they represent, and this is shown in the recognition that many logos provide, even if they contain no text. The iconic check mark logo of a certain shoe company is a perfect example of this. People around the world know what that swoosh represents, even without the name of the brand being present in the logo. It might seem trivial to some, but large corporations are spending big bucks on logo design and the graphic design essentials that are integral for representing their brand.
When Pepsi had their logo redesigned, they spent one million dollars. BBC spent 1.8 million dollars for their current logo design, and BP dropped a whopping $211,000,000 to have their logo redone. But, these companies spend this kind of dough for a reason. They are well aware of the fact that an eye-catching, instantly recognizable logo is a great contribution to the promotion of their brand, and a poorly-designed logo won’t generate interest, and can actually destroy a brand’s image.
HERE’S WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST IN A LOGO AND GRAPHIC DESIGN ELEMENTS TO MARKET YOUR BRAND:
- A logo evokes emotion in those who see it, especially if they are already familiar with what it represents. There’s no doubt that many people will literally start to salivate when they see the golden arches or the emblem of their favorite brand of soft drink. Similarly, a badly designed logo could easily offend or totally turn off those who see it.
- Having a logo that resonates with people and one that is familiar to them allows them to find you more easily. Not everyone will search out your brand on social media, but if that logo pops up for someone’s favorite clothing brand, they might be enticed to click on it and end up following you, as a result.
- Logos are the most crucial aspect of any company’s brand identity. They are the focal point around which all other elements of a company’s visual representation are centered. It’s much easier to decide on all the other visual aspects of your branding if you have a logo to reference.
- Apart from just logos, the representation of your business through graphic design is of the utmost importance for making your brand noticeable for consumers. Things as basic as company colours, fonts and the formatting of marketing materials all contribute to people’s awareness and perception of your business.
- All graphical elements of your branding, if done correctly, will produce a return on your investment. A company with an awesome logo and corresponding design elements looks much more professional and desirable than one without a logo, or with conflicting design components. These elements can be the difference between someone choosing to buy from you, or going with your competitors instead.